Monday, October 8, 2012

First Birthday...

So Saturday the 11th of August my precious butterfly turned one!


Since she's allergic to eggs, a birthday cake was not an option, or so I thought. Thanks to my sister, she found a cake mix by Cherrybrook Kitchens that is egg free, dairy free, peanut free, etc. It wasn't cheap but it was worth it since it was safe for her to touch and eat. That was one less thing to worry about, but I also had to figure out what to serve at her party. I wanted it to be minimal risk of cross contamination from egg/egg ingredients. After realizing the food would pose little risk as long as nobody fed her anything we should be ok. I decided to do cupcakes for everyone else and decided to use eggs since I had regular cake mixes that I originally bought before we found out she had an egg allergy. This is what they looked like:

We had friends and family present as we celebrated her birthday, unfortunately my home isn't big enough to host parties, so we have birthday parties at my parent's home.  Both my little man and precious butterfly had fun.  Little man got spoiled by my mom prior to the party and did a good job of not getting into as much as he usually does at her home.  Both my husband and I had a difficult time choosing a theme, but in the end we chose purple and green with butterflies.  Her party was a success I think.  It certainly wasn't a big as Little Man's first birthday, but it was a party with those that are close to us and close to her.  Although some friends and family were unable to attend, I believe she had a great day.  After all, they don't really remember their first birthday, we do tho.
 
Here she is eating her smash cake...it was a memorable day.



No comments:

Post a Comment